Wednesday, February 11, 2009

OLDUVAI GORGE -- COMMENT FROM READER

I received this morning this comment:
Nancy-whoever you are-I certainly hope you are not a student of Manuel's. He is increasingly known in the paleoanthropological community as having lost his marbles. In case that doesn't translate well-he is delusional as well as corrupt and willing to cheat lie and steal to make his views heard. Too bad in his fervor he forgets to actually do any solid science. There is a reason so many of his articles are followed up by replies citing gross inaccuracies-even misquotes-and faulty logic.Authorities have NOT supported him-only the ones he has bribed. As it is. He has DESTROYED Mary's Zinj site and in doing so has pissed off some very influential people. None of this post is true and you will be seeing shortly just how wrong you are. He will not be working there much longer-just like Kenya and Ethiopia-he will get kicked out. Of course you wont post this. At best it will make you wonder-or at least piss you off a bit-either way you are wrong and just as delusional as he is

I WAS VERY DISTRUBED TO RECEIVE THIS COMMENT. FIRST OF ALL I HAVE NO IDEA WHO MANUEL IS! SECONDLY, THE WEIRD THING IS I HAVE NO MEMORY OF POSTING THIS ARTICLE. FRANKLY, I USUALLY MAKE MY POSTINGS AS BRIEF AS POSSIBLE (THUS THE TITLE) AND THIS LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE HAS PUT THIS IN TO MY "ARCHAEOLOGY BRIEFS" WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE. (NAIVELY, THIS MIGHT BE POSSIBLE?) ITS JUST NOT MY STYLE. I HAVE SEVERAL LISTS THAT I READ EACH WEEK AND POST NEWS THAT I AM INTERESTED IN. I HAVE BEEN TEACHING PREHISTORIC PEOPLE FOR OVER 30 YEARS IN SCHOOLS AND I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A BIG FAN OF THE LEAKEYS. YEARS AGO I WAS FORTUNATE TO HEAR LOUIS LEAKEY IN PASADENA WHEN HE CAME TO LECTURE. I ALSO HEARD MARY LEAKEY WHENEVER SHE SPOKE. THUS, I WANT TO CLARIFY FOR THE PERSON WHO SEEMED TO KNOW WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT AND APOLOGIZE FOR POSTING SOMETHING (IF IT WAS REALLY ME!) THAT SEEMS NOT TO BE ACCURATE.

2 Comments:

Blogger Geoff Carter said...

I am not entirely sure I understand the context of the ‘comment’, and how it came to you. Is there an original article?
It would be very difficult, ( it should be impossible), for anyone to post anything on any website/space of yours, except comments.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Richard VijayKumar said...

Please continue to provide more archaological news. This post has beeb here too long. Thanks.

Regards,



Richard Vijay.

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home